Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Information Technology from an accredited program and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and two years management experience.
Ability to utilize complex computer languages to solve business problems. Project Management skills.
Preferred: PMP Certification
Under general direction, the incumbent coordinates project efforts related to the development of IT solutions that meet requirements of internal business units. Manage and coordinate projects across a single IT and business group with respect to sub-project integration, issues management, risk management, quality management, and status reporting. Manage the application development life cycle which includes analysis, design, construction, user/system testing, implementation through warranty and transition to Rapid Response. Accountable for cost, time, and quality of the project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day to day projects through status updates and other tasks, including updating all projects to show current phase, target dates, and target hours. Monitor time tracking to make sure project time is being allocated correctly across projects.
- Work closely with business owners to understand their goals and objectives and come up with IT solutions that align with those goals and objectives.
- Work closely with developers to design solutions that align with the tactical and strategic goals of the business.
- Effectively lead project teams of up to 10 people from the design phase through implementation and hold them accountable to their assigned tasks and timeline requirements.
- Coordinate projects across a single IT and business group, organizing resources, budgets and timelines from project conception through implementation and support.
- Assist in communicating project status to all levels within the organization as needed. This includes regular biweekly and monthly reporting, steering committees, and impromptu questions.
- Document meeting minutes, meeting decisions, and action items and then following up on any to ensure project items are completed on time.
- Address project change requests submitted by the business by obtaining scope, obtaining approval from the project steering team, updating project plan to reflect changes.
- Track software defects to resolve issues before production implementation and coordinate dependencies in project plan to ensure program quality.
- Identify, assess, and manage risk to the success of the project including development and use of contingency for the management of those risks.
To apply for this job email your details to Sapna.Ramachandran@jbhunt.com