The User Experience Designer creates web and mobile user interface designs that meet the stated mission and design goals of the UX team. They accomplish this by leading and executing the activities of the J. B. Hunt User Experience Design (UXD) process and producing the deliverables of that process for a software development project. The User Experience Designer also participates in and contributes to the User Experience Governance (UXG) process.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- Creates web and mobile designs by implementing user experience design principles and planning, leading, and executing the UXD process for software development projects in order to produce user interfaces that achieve the UX team’s stated mission and design goals; as well as, create design artifacts that are easily digestible by visual designers and/or programmers.
- Participates in the UXG process by contributing to governance activities in order to assure that corporate-wide designs are achieving the UX team’s stated mission and design goals.
- Resolves questions, clarifications, and design implementation issues by consulting with development teams during their analysis, design, construction, and testing phases in order to ensure proper implementation of proposed designs.
- Validates UX Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and identifies areas to improve usability in software products by conducting UX measurement activities in order to verify that KPIs have been met and usability of software products continues to improve.
- Improves the J. B. Hunt UXD and UXG processes by suggesting and providing critical feedback on proposed changes in order to mature these processes within the organization.
- Mentors user interface developers by nurturing them on best practices and key principles of interaction, information, visual, multi-device, and accessible design in order to deliver highly usable and desirable user interfaces.
- Improves web and mobile user interface reference implementations and custom UI controls by collaborating and communicating with the Applications Infrastructure team in order to keep them in sync with UX style guide and design pattern library changes and updates.
- Communicates User Experience design standards, principles, and best practices by conducting information sessions, delivering training courses, publishing media (i.e. wiki, blogs, sites), and updating the design pattern library and web/mobile style guide in order to mature corporate knowledge of User Experience.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply for this job email your details to Sapna.Ramachandran@jbhunt.com